1. Make a resolution that’s both doable and meaningful to YOU. Use the acronym SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Bound.
It helps to create an “event” or date, such as a much-needed annual doctor’s appointment, a vacation (think swimsuits), a race (like our upcoming indoor triathlon), your baby’s first birthday, etc.
2. After you set a goal, create a plan of how you will accomplish your goal and write it down on paper. Keep it somewhere visible as a daily reminder.
3. Find a partner or group of like-minded individuals and hold yourself accountable. From your friends and staff here at The HUB, to Weight Watchers groups (Fridays at 12 p.m. also here at The HUB) and the power of social media, you can count on someone to help you along the way.
4. If you have a setback, don’t quit. Stay positive by reflecting on what you’ve accomplished, rather than what you haven’t accomplished YET. (See how I did that?)
5. Don’t forget to reward yourself, or, face “consequences” if you do not meet your goal. Buy yourself that new dress that is a couple sizes smaller than your last one, or, donate $100 to a charity of your choice.
Best of Luck! I’d love to hear how your resolution begins and ends! You could be our next Hubber Highlight!
-Hilary Holdinghausen, Marketing Director