The Fitness Coordinator is responsible for the organization, management, administration and supervision of all aspects of the HUB Recreation Center’s Fitness Center. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, troubleshooting, evaluating and completing payroll for fitness center staff; updating staff training materials, operating manuals; assisting with developing, adjusting and enforcing policies and procedures; budget management; equipment inventory and maintenance, including health and safety checks; overseeing risk management practices; keeping and compiling ongoing patron usage statistics; providing instruction and outreach and orientation sessions. This position will require varied hours. Night and weekend hours will be required at various times throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides “extraordinary” member services and responsiveness to member’s needs.
2. Develops, maintains, and manages balanced budget for the department.
3. Coordinates the development and management of the branch fitness programs to meet the needs of the community and achieve operating objectives.
4. Develops and promotes increased enrollment in new and existing programs.
5. Develops and implements corporate wellness/fitness programs in and out of the facility.
6. Recruits, selects, develops, supervises and evaluates fitness staff.
7. Develops and prepares training and development for fitness staff.
8. Provides accurate records and appropriate reports.
9. Maintains a professional image within the community and The HUB.
10. Attends training and meetings as assigned.
11. Recommends equipment and supply purchases for the program area.
12. Responsible for all aspects of risk management in the Fitness Center. Keeping equipment and area properly sanitized and clear of hazards daily.
13. Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
14. All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Bachelor’s Degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology, human performance management, recreation, health, or related field with a strong emphasis in health and fitness – Preferred.
Current certification in group fitness from a nationally recognized fitness organization (e.g., AFAA, ACSM, ACE, NCSA) or other national certification in personal training – Preferred.
Experience with fitness equipment usage procedures and maintenance plans.
Strong computer skills required with MS Office software and basic website capabilities.
Certification for CPR and First Aid required within (1) month of hire.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 50-100 pounds.
Within eighteen months of the date of hire, employee must live within ten miles (straight line GPS) of City Hall.
$38,000-$42,000 Annual Salary (Full-Time Non-Exempt)
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to Gail West, City Administrator, 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois, 62959. An employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionil.gov. All applications and resumes must be submitted by November 15th for consideration. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to: