The HUB Recreation Center is looking for fun, energetic and creative individuals to join our team. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to teaching group fitness classes for seniors with specific instruction including any of the following: SilverSneakers Classic, SilverSneakers Cardiofit, SilverSneakers Circuit,, SilverSneakers Yoga, SilverSneakers Stability and SilverSneakers Boom. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, recording participation data and completing incident/accident reports and attending staff meetings once a month.
- High School Graduate.
- Instructor must commit to teaching 1 to 2 classes per week.
- Previous experience as a group instructor is preferred.
- Specialized SilverSneakers certification(s) required.
- May enter compensated training agreement with appropriate hire candidate.
- First Aid / CPR / AED certifications highly preferred.
Within eighteen months of the date of hire, employee must live within ten miles (straight line GPS) of City Hall.
Compensation will be $15-18 per class.
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to Gail West, Human Resource Director, 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois. Employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionil.gov. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to:
General Manager HUB Recreation Center
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer