Provide safe, welcoming, and a clean environment for members and program participants. He/she will be involved in all facets of the daily maintenance operations including, but not limited to, the following: Equipment operation and maintenance, event set up and tear down, trash removal and facilities maintenance. Employees must also be able to interact with patrons and other staff and carry themselves in a professional and courteous manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Report any equipment problems to the supervisor immediately.
- Complete daily checklist
- Event Set Up/Tear Down-Setting up and tearing down tables, chairs and any other necessary equipment as needed per event
- Trash Removal
- Cleaning of locker rooms and bathrooms
- Vacuuming all carpets and rugs
- Cleaning and buffing VCT flooring with aid of machine
- Dusting and sweeping
- Window cleaning
- Responsible for keeping equipment and areas properly sanitized and clear of hazards daily.
- Clean up, collect, and return all supplies and equipment used for activities to proper place.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports.
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain proper reports and attendance records.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have a basic knowledge of housekeeping and light maintenance. Must be minimum 18 years of age, ability to effectively communicate with all ages about procedures and policies. CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are required within in first 30 days of employment.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
CURRENT AVAILABLE SHIFTS:
-Part-Time Nights and Weekends General Facility
-Part-Time Weekdays Focusing on Women’s Locker Room and Restrooms
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 50-100 pounds.
Within eighteen months of the date of hire, employee must live within ten miles (straight line GPS) of City Hall.
Part-Time, Partial Benefits or Full-Time Opportunities
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to City Hall, 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois, 62959. An employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionil.gov. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to:
General Manager, HUB Recreation Center
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer