POSITION TITLE: Sport Instructor
Pay Classification: Part-Time Non-Exempt (Non IMRF- under 1000 hours annually)
SUPERVISOR: Sports & Recreation Coordinator
NATURE OF WORK:
The Youth Sports Instructor is responsible in assisting with the supervision and instruction of sport leagues and lessons. To facilitate the recreational and educational activities of all participants. To provide welcoming and professional service to members and program participants, he/she must meet and greet members, assist in registration processes, build positive relationships with members, and ensure all members follow all policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively supervise all participants enrolled under the care of the youth sports department.
- Ensure high level of health and safety standards by maintaining a clean work and play environment.
- Gather and check out any supplies and equipment needed for planned activities.
- Clean up, collect, and return all supplies and equipment used for activities to proper place.
- Greet all members of the HUB upon entering the facility/area.
- Assist all members and guest in registration processes.
- Ensure all documents are properly singed during the registration process.
- Collect payments and transfer money to the supervisor.
- Ability to maintain regular and effective communication with other staff and supervisor.
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain proper reports and attendance records.
- Maintain an updated schedule in activetrax and communicate availability with supervisor.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have experience in P.E., have a general knowledge of various sports, Childhood Development, and other programs with a youth based focus. Must be minimum 17 years of age, with ability to effectively communicate with all ages about procedures and policies. CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are required within in first 30 days of employment.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 20-50 pounds.