NATURE OF WORK:
Provide a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for youth and program participants. He/she must meet and greet parents, assist in registration at each visit, see that parents and children receive and understand the policies of the Youth Department, supervise the youth participants, build positive relationships with members and youth, develop and implement age-appropriate activities, and follow policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work as Child Watch staff while parents are working out.
- Effectively supervise all participants, and children enrolled in the child watch area.
- Responsible for keeping chaos at a minimum and children under control.
- Responsible for keeping toys, equipment, and area properly sanitized and clear of hazards daily.
- Facilitate games and activities for all Child Watch participants.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports.
- Greet all members of the HUB upon entering Child Watch.
- Advise parents immediately if a child shows signs of illness. *See sick policy and COVID policy
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure that all participants are properly signed in and out by a parent, guardian, or approved pick-up person.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have experience working with children between the ages of 6 months to 10 years. Candidate must be minimum of 17 years of age, ability to effectively communicate to young children and parents, and be familiar with age appropriate disciplinary procedures and policies. CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are required within in first 30 days of employment.
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois, 62959. An employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionil.gov. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to:
General Manager HUB Recreation Center
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer