POSITION TITLE: After School / Camp Counselor
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time Non-Exempt (Non IMRF- under 999 hours annually)
SUPERVISOR: Youth Coordinator
NATURE OF WORK:
Provide a safe, nurturing, and enriching environment for youth and program participants. He/she must meet and greet parents, assist in registration at each visit, see that parents and children receive and understand the policies of the Youth Department, supervise the youth and program participants, build positive relationships with members and youth, develop and implement age-appropriate activities, and follow policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Work as a support staff to enhance After School and Camp Programs.
- Effectively supervise all participants enrolled in the After School and/or Camp programs.
- Responsible for creating and posting weekly activity plans.
- Responsible for keeping equipment, and area properly sanitized and clear of hazards daily.
- Clean up, collect, and return all supplies and equipment used for activities to proper place.
- Facilitate games and activities for all After School and/or Camp participants.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports.
- Advise parents immediately if a child shows signs of illness. *See sick policy and COVID policy
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain proper reports and attendance records.
- Ensure that all participants are properly signed in and out by a parent, guardian, or approved pick-up person.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have experience working with children between the ages of 5 years through 13 years old (Marion Kindergarten – Marion 8th Grade in town schools). Candidate must be a minimum of 17 years of age, have the ability to effectively communicate to young children and parents, and be familiar with age appropriate disciplinary procedures and policies. CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are required within in first 30 days of employment.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 20-40 pounds.
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to City Hall, 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois. Employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionil.gov. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to:
General Manager HUB Recreation Center
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer