NATURE OF WORK:
Provide safe, welcoming, and a clean environment for members and program participants. He/she must meet and greet members, assist in registration processes, build positive relationships with members and ensure all members follow all policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively supervise all participants in the Fitness Center.
- Provide safe and effective instruction of all cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
- Direct members in general equipment and fitness floor orientation
- Responsible for keeping equipment and area properly sanitized and clear of hazards daily.
- Clean up, collect, and return all supplies and equipment used for activities to proper place.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports.
- Greet all members of The HUB upon entering the facility/area.
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain proper reports and attendance records.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have a basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology and experience working with weight and cardio equipment. Must be minimum 18 years of age, ability to effectively communicate with all ages about procedures and policies. CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are required within first 30 days of employment.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
Compensation will be minimum wage.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 50-100 pounds.