NATURE OF WORK:
Responsible in assisting with the supervision of practices and welcome members/program participants, help with the set up and break down of games/ events. Must be knowledgeable about basketball as well as being able to officiate under IHSA rules. He/she is responsible for assisting supervisor with any and all needs of the basketball program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively supervise all participants enrolled under the care of the program.
- Gather and check out any supplies and equipment needed for planned activities.
- Keep score and/or help with the officiating of youth basketball games.
- Clean up, collect, and return all supplies and equipment used for activities to proper place.
- Ability to maintain regular and effective communication.
- Attend and complete all scheduled staff meetings, trainings and certifications.
- Maintain proper reports and attendance records.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- Properly submit behavioral and incident reports to supervisor.
- Communicate with other staff and customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Accurate count of start-up and ending monies, accurate change counting and sales transactions.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The candidate must have experience in basketball, have a general knowledge of the sport, Childhood Development and other programs with a youth based focus. Must be minimum 17 years of age with ability to effectively communicate with all ages about procedures and policies. CPR, AED and First Aid certifications are required.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 20-50 pounds.