POSITION TITLE : Facility Security Officer
PAY CLASSIFICATION : Part-time Non-Exempt (Non-IMRF – under 1000 hours annually)
SUPERVISOR: General Manager
NATURE OF WORK:
Assist with the provision of a safe and secure facility for members, guests and employees, through observation of activities, recognition of irregularities and undesirable behaviors, and violation of facility rules. This position is both preventative and responsive in nature according to conditions and needs. Security Officer must conduct themselves professionally and interact with patrons and staff in a courteous manner while educating about and enforcing rules of the facility. Issues of immediate safety must be addressed in the most appropriate manner as soon as possible with the objective of prevention of injury, address of unsafe conditions, and de-escalation of potential issues and altercations between individuals and groups. Duties include walking patrols of all facility zones including each department utilized by members and guests, facility and membership checks, and completion of a shift observation report for general manager follow up and address for appropriate improvements and changes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Circulate among members, guests and employees to preserve order
- Address immediate safety issues caused by the actions and behaviors of members and guests
- Patrol interior and exterior perimeter of facility
- Inspect and secure entry and exit points
- Inform and educate members and guests regarding facility rules and policies
- Conduct periodic random membership checks as a deterrent presence and as specifically needed
- Report any problems to the Manager on Duty or General Manager as appropriate
- Properly submit observation and incident reports
- Provide event security according to need
- Periodic checks of all fire extinguisher cabinets (with monthly notation of extinguisher condition), lockers, and other member access locations where harmful items could be placed
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings as appropriate
- Maintain regular communication with supervisor
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed
- Contact police, EMS, or fire departments as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Must be minimum 18 years of age, ability to effectively communicate with all ages about procedures and policies. Experience or previous employment in provision of security, safety, or law enforcement. CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications are required within in first 30 days of employment.
As scheduled by supervisor specific to facility needs of activity levels and by random rotation. Considerations include membership patterns, behavior markers, programming, and events.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 50-100 pounds.
Please send resume and City of Marion employment application to City Hall, 1102 Tower Square, Marion, Illinois. Employment application can be picked up at the City Clerk’s office or obtained online at www.cityofmarionil.gov. All questions concerning these positions and the application process may be directed to:
General Manager HUB Recreation Center
The City of Marion is an Equal Opportunity Employer