POSITION TITLE: Membership Assistant
PAY CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Membership Coordinator
NATURE OF WORK:
Directs all aspects of the membership department including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members, evaluation of services and supervision of assigned staff. The Front Desk Manager will develop plans and implement new procedures and methods to achieve strategic goals. They are also responsible for high-quality customer service, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting the internal and external customer needs and for presenting a positive attitude toward The HUB, its staff and its programs.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members.
- Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews procedures and communicates changes to staff.
- Coordinates with the accounting office as necessary on financial transactions.
- Organizes membership events at The HUB and represents The HUB at community events to promote the facility.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Complete a variety of clerical
- Professionally administer all incoming calls.
- Ability to maintain regular and effective communication with other membership staff.
- Administer first aid and emergency procedures as needed.
- Properly submit and incident reports.
- Competitive drive to succeed in a performance based environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills.
- Assist with daily, weekly, and monthly membership tasks.
- Manage and review membership files, changes, and account details.
- Assist with training employees for the front desk position.
- Help with communication to all front desk staff the policy and procedures of the facility.
- All other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Associates’ degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
- Strong computer skills required with MS Office software and basic website capabilities.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Certification for CPR and First Aid required within (1) month of hire.
As scheduled by Supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, and kneel and must occasionally lift and/or move 20-50 pounds.